What’s all this then?
Yesterday marked the launch of one of New Internationalist's first multimedia immersive long-form pieces, Smoke and Mirrors. Cooking smoke is responsible for a staggering amount of deaths in the world — more than malaria, tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS combined. Not only that, the need for wood c …
Doctorow is both an entertaining author and very much on the right (by which I mean left/anarchist) side of politics. His futuristic utopia is set in a world where people are kept artificially poor in the midst of post scarcity merely to keep the capit …
A while ago, my buddy Oxguin was thinking about the blocking on Twitter, specifically because of Donald Trump. What happens, you see, is that when Trump says something twattish, as he is wont to do, all the non-twattish people on Twitter start telling him how much of a twat he is for saying it. …
Bruce Sterling is that other cyberpunk author. He is back to writing counterfactual alternative histories examining what may have been had things just happened to turn out slightly differently (cf. steampunk bible and Victorian romp The Differen …
Popular this week
- Motherboard details from the GNU/Linux commandline
- Split multi-page PDFs into single page PDFs on GNU/Linux with pdftk
- Online morse code translator. With sound. Using the web audio API.
- Font of the month: Montserrat
- http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Torrentfreak/~3/h1eu0VkpolI/ … Fake News is Coming? Game of Thrones Pirates Are Going to Jail ♺ @torrentfreak
- https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/04/marcus-malwaretech-hutchins-pleads-guilty-to-writing-selling-banking-malware/ … Marcus “MalwareTech” Hutchins Pleads Guilty to Writing, Selling Banking Malware ♺ @briankrebs
- #privacy https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2019/04/googles-sensorvault-can-tell-police-where-youve-been … Google's Sensorvault Can Tell Police Where You've Been @eff
- https://boingboing.net/2019/04/20/foreseen-consequences.html … Copyright filters are automatically removing copies of the Mueller Report ♺ @doctorow
- #security http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Securityweek/~3/yIQwLWq7e5A/google-block-logins-embedded-browsers-prevent-phishing … Google to Block Logins From Embedded Browsers to Prevent Phishing