What’s all this then?
In recent months, have been slowly working my way through Brian P. Hogan’s 57 Exercises for Programmers in Haskell in my lunch breaks and on bus journeys. You can see the github repo if you’re interested.As I work my way through the exercises, I have been trying to use idiomatic Hask …
One of the cool things about the Elixir language is that you can string functions together from left to right using the so-called pipeline operator |>. I was thinking about it this morning after reading this comment from taylorfausak on reddit. Why flip everything around like that? Write expr …
An Oxfam treat, this. Sławomir Mrożek’s 1957 collection of ultra-short stories are bizarre and compelling. From elephants made from rubber to save money, to a world of tiny people that live in a drawer, Mrożek is satirical and surreal …
Eco is brilliant, and I think this is one of his most enthralling novels since Foucault's Pendulum. As in that book, conspiracies abound — freemasons, jesuits, that sort of thing — though this time in nineteenth century Europe. How …
I came across a very amusing image the other day, dealing with the questions that various popular programming languages seek to answer. There is a nice thread on reddit with some extra suggestions to include in the list too.Here is a transcription.Python: What if everything was a dict?Java: …
Popular this week
- Motherboard details from the GNU/Linux commandline
- Split multi-page PDFs into single page PDFs on GNU/Linux with pdftk
- How to make an adblocker with BIND and Apache on Debian
- Daily Mail story generator
- Russ Allbery: remctl 3.12: This release adds a new, experimental server implementation: remctl-shell. As it... http://bit.ly/2anWSYB
- Mr. Robot ‘Plugs’ uTorrent and Pirate Release Groups http://bit.ly/2aEAlZH ♺ @torrentfreak
- Would You Use This ATM? http://bit.ly/2aew2m4 ♺ @briankrebs
- I've added (very experimental) live search support to twitrss.me: http://twitrss.me/twitter_search_to_rss/?term=cider … Let me know if you think its useful.
- Handless magician fools Penn & Teller http://bit.ly/2arwEIx ♺ @doctorow