What’s all this then?
Doctorow is both an entertaining author and very much on the right (by which I mean left/anarchist) side of politics. His futuristic utopia is set in a world where people are kept artificially poor in the midst of post scarcity merely to keep the capit …
A while ago, my buddy Oxguin was thinking about the blocking on Twitter, specifically because of Donald Trump. What happens, you see, is that when Trump says something twattish, as he is wont to do, all the non-twattish people on Twitter start telling him how much of a twat he is for saying it. …
Bruce Sterling is that other cyberpunk author. He is back to writing counterfactual alternative histories examining what may have been had things just happened to turn out slightly differently (cf. steampunk bible and Victorian romp The Differen …
Here is a quick SSH tip that I only discovered a month or two ago despite years of using SSH on a daily basis. When SSH freezes, as can sometimes happen if the network connection drops, it is possible to kill the connection more elegantly than just by closing the terminal tab (my previous way of dea …
Popular this week
- Motherboard details from the GNU/Linux commandline
- The authentic, hand-curated Hipster menu crafter
- Online morse code translator. With sound. Using the web audio API.
- Split multi-page PDFs into single page PDFs on GNU/Linux with pdftk
- #crypto experts force NSA to drop plans for wobbly encryption http://ox4.li/2wp
- #security http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Securityweek/~3/F02baF1QGvQ/formbook-infostealer-attacks-ramping … FormBook Infostealer Attacks Ramping Up
- https://threatpost.com/joomla-patches-eight-year-old-ldap-injection-vulnerability/128069/ … Joomla Patches Eight-Year-Old LDAP Injection Vulnerability ♺ @threatpost
- https://www.csoonline.com/article/3225469/security/office-365-phishing-attacks-create-a-sustained-insider-nightmare-for-it.html#tk.rss_saltedhashtopsecuritynews … Office 365 Phishing attacks create a sustained insider nightmare for IT ♺ @csoonline
- https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/equifax-breach-setting-the-record-straight/ … Equifax Breach: Setting the Record Straight ♺ @briankrebs