What’s all this then?
Yesterday marked the launch of one of New Internationalist's first multimedia immersive long-form pieces, Smoke and Mirrors. Cooking smoke is responsible for a staggering amount of deaths in the world — more than malaria, tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS combined. Not only that, the need for wood c …
Doctorow is both an entertaining author and very much on the right (by which I mean left/anarchist) side of politics. His futuristic utopia is set in a world where people are kept artificially poor in the midst of post scarcity merely to keep the capit …
A while ago, my buddy Oxguin was thinking about the blocking on Twitter, specifically because of Donald Trump. What happens, you see, is that when Trump says something twattish, as he is wont to do, all the non-twattish people on Twitter start telling him how much of a twat he is for saying it. …
Bruce Sterling is that other cyberpunk author. He is back to writing counterfactual alternative histories examining what may have been had things just happened to turn out slightly differently (cf. steampunk bible and Victorian romp The Differen …
Popular this week
- Motherboard details from the GNU/Linux commandline
- Split multi-page PDFs into single page PDFs on GNU/Linux with pdftk
- Online morse code translator. With sound. Using the web audio API.
- Font of the month: Montserrat
- http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Torrentfreak/~3/qU8_i8xpkto/ … Australia Targets Google With Tough New Anti-Piracy Law ♺ @torrentfreak
- https://threatpost.com/oracle-fixes-301-flaws-in-october-critical-patch-update/138407/ … Oracle Fixes 301 Flaws in October Critical Patch Update ♺ @threatpost
- https://threatpost.com/libssh-authentication-bypass-makes-it-trivial-to-pwn-rafts-of-servers/138399/ … libssh Authentication Bypass Makes it Trivial to Pwn Rafts of Servers ♺ @threatpost
- #security http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Securityweek/~3/S5hql8fQKQQ/after-2016-hack-illinois-says-election-system-secure … After 2016 Hack, Illinois Says Election System Secure
- https://github.com/ciderpunx/twitrssme/issues/59#issuecomment-430558780 … ciderpunx commented on issue ciderpunx/twitrssme#59 #github #code