What’s all this then?
The Barncamp rural tech gathering happened at the end of June. There aren’t too many events that can successfully combine serious activist orientated tech with raveoke in a barn. It might just be that the Barncamp is the only event to do so.This year was a corker.There was a massive and d …
Benders are a traditional, low-impact dwelling space, traditionally used by travellers and protestors. Having lived in a few, it was lovely to come across a book about them. It is a beautifully illustrated and wryly amusing little book that I read cover to …
ICANN, the not-for-profit public benefit corporation which coordinates the naming system of the internet recently announced some disturbing plans to take over the running of domain privacy services and to stop those services from providing, well, domain privacy.Here’s a good tl;dr from t …
This year, it was 10 years since the first OpenTech event. I’ve been to a fair number of the events and I rate it as one of the best tech conferences going. It is cheap (a fiver for the day), has reasonably good politics and a good percentage of the speakers are women -- unfortunately a rare t …
I am actually kind of surprised that I hadn’t read this novel before. It is probably one of the first steampunk books. Imagine an alternate Victorian era Neal Stephenson and you will have a fairly good idea of w …
Popular this week
- Motherboard details from the GNU/Linux commandline
- Anonymous Public DNS with OpenNIC
- Daily Mail story generator
- Ettercap remote_browser Plugin Fun
- @ioerror: It will be interesting to see the names of all the people who collaborated with @hackingteam. Best mailspool in ages.
- @Viss: Nothing screams "TRUST US, WE'RE A SECURITY COMPANY" like leaving text files on your desktop FULL OF CREDS pic.twitter.com/WCJCrWA5IM
- ‘Pirate’ Site Admin Ordered to Pay Hollywood $12.8m http://bit.ly/1H42AHc @torrentfreak
- @ethicalhack3r: Hacking Team hacked, attackers claim 400GB in dumped data - http://www.csoonline.com/article/2943968/data-breach/hacking-team-hacked-attackers-claim-400gb-in-dumped-data.html…
- Don’t Be Fooled By Phony Online Reviews http://bit.ly/1UqeiGn ♺ @briankrebs