What’s all this then?
Yesterday marked the launch of one of New Internationalist's first multimedia immersive long-form pieces, Smoke and Mirrors. Cooking smoke is responsible for a staggering amount of deaths in the world — more than malaria, tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS combined. Not only that, the need for wood c …
Doctorow is both an entertaining author and very much on the right (by which I mean left/anarchist) side of politics. His futuristic utopia is set in a world where people are kept artificially poor in the midst of post scarcity merely to keep the capit …
A while ago, my buddy Oxguin was thinking about the blocking on Twitter, specifically because of Donald Trump. What happens, you see, is that when Trump says something twattish, as he is wont to do, all the non-twattish people on Twitter start telling him how much of a twat he is for saying it. …
Bruce Sterling is that other cyberpunk author. He is back to writing counterfactual alternative histories examining what may have been had things just happened to turn out slightly differently (cf. steampunk bible and Victorian romp The Differen …
Popular this week
- Quick tip: Using vimdiff with git
- Split multi-page PDFs into single page PDFs on GNU/Linux with pdftk
- Daily Mail story generator
- Not Found
- RT @firstname.lastname@example.org Zoom flaws allow takeover of Macs, including webcam, mic, and root access https://9to5mac.com/2020/04/01/new-zoom-bugs-takeover-macs-cam-mic-root/ …https://mastodon.social/@yogthos/103925581782477474 …
- https://www.zooniverse.org/projects/edh/rainfall-rescue … Help climate scientists transcribe rainfall figures from written records.
- BIG NEWS (thread 1/3). Earth has a new temporarily captured object/Possible mini-moon called 2020 CD3. On the night of Feb. 15, my Catalina Sky Survey teammate Teddy Pruyne and I found a 20th magnitude object. Here are the discovery images.pic.twitter.com/zLkXyGAkZl
- future. https://aiweirdness.com/post/611219307217797120/smells-like-the-future … https://wandering.shop/@janellecshane/103737709724742880 … (2/2)pic.twitter.com/hK7KEGxhX1
- RT @email@example.com Scented candles from a neural net trained on 1000 existing candles The neural net is based on math, so it is infallible. This is the (1/2)