This is a simple recipe that is good for when you want a protein boost. I like to eat it for breakfast. The spiciness counteracts the energy density so that you don’t nod off right after eating it.
Spicy Fried Soya Mince Ingredients
- 50g(1.8oz) Soya mince
- 200ml(7fl oz) Water
- 3Cloves of garlic
- 3chillies — birds eye are best. IMO
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or some other sort of oil if that is "your bag". Hey, I’m not here to judge.
- 1 handful frozen peas. Or sweetcorn.
- Boil up the water, and mix in the miso tomato paste, parpika, mixed herbs, and soy sauce into it. Pour that over the Soya mince and let it soak up while you get on with some frying.
- Fry your onion in the oil until its a little bit brown, then chuck in the garlic, chillies, sesame and cumin seed.
- After a minute or something, chuck in your soya mince. It will hiss a bit hopefully.
- Chuck in your frozen peas and let it fry off any excess juice then serve it up with coffee and maybe some form of carbohydrates. Wraps or something would be good. Or rice.
Makes enough for 1 person.
It should take about 40 min to prepare
Posted: 2012-09-28 by .