What’s all this then?
ICANN, the not-for-profit public benefit corporation which coordinates the naming system of the internet recently announced some disturbing plans to take over the running of domain privacy services and to stop those services from providing, well, domain privacy.Here’s a good tl;dr from t …
This year, it was 10 years since the first OpenTech event. I’ve been to a fair number of the events and I rate it as one of the best tech conferences going. It is cheap (a fiver for the day), has reasonably good politics and a good percentage of the speakers are women -- unfortunately a rare t …
I am actually kind of surprised that I hadn’t read this novel before. It is probably one of the first steampunk books. Imagine an alternate Victorian era Neal Stephenson and you will have a fairly good idea of w …
This is a collection of Gibson’s ruminations on technology written for various publications including Wired, Time and Rolling Stone. I enjoyed the collection immensely. This is smart, accessible and compelling writing abou …
At New Internationalist we have been using a self hosted ThinkUp instance to track our social media work for the last several years. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you should definitely take a look. One thing that we occasionally need to look at is the amount by which our follower or li …
Popular this week
- @isil_arican: Oh the irony...Turkish police attacks pride parade and creates a rainbow (and a wet t-shirt contest) by accident :) http://imgur.com/ybJrDA0
- Chicken Little Meet the Friends of Science http://bit.ly/1TZ9h7z @Desmogblog
- New! Dear ICANN: Please don’t attack privacy, anonymity and free speech http://bit.ly/1RJ4tzh #charlieharvey
- https://ox4.li/2ig < ICANN's plan to "eviscerate" domain #privacy on the internet.
- Pirate Bay Founder Still Wants to Clear His Name http://bit.ly/1NpQYDh @torrentfreak